So you're going for the option of blue skies, palm trees, the sea breaking on the shore .... in other words you're having a beach wedding ceremony.
Whether it's an intimate occasion for just the two of you and a couple of witnesses - or whether you're making a party of it with a host of family and friends, there are a few do's and don't with beach weddings.
Beach Weddings Need To Be Thought About In A Different Way
For example, it's not a good idea to wear an ornate, really detailed wedding dress. Don't go for the long veil and the heavy, full skirted wedding gown. Think light fabrics like chiffon ... it's going to be hot. You'll find more tips on choosing a destination wedding dress here
To help you plan your beach wedding ceremony, here are 10 ideas to get you thinking. You might like to also check out the Dessy Beach Wedding Pinterest board
for some inspirational photographs ...
- Use your surroundings to theme your wedding. For example, why not use shells like these as place setting cards?
- Dress your bridesmaids in aqua colours to echo the azure blue of the sea and sky. Dessy has some wonderful bridesmaids dresses in greens and turquoises.
- Instead of having dinner inside, make the most of a hot balmy night by getting the table laid up on the beach.
- Keep your jewellery simple and understated. Forget the bling ... freshwater pearls are a classic... seed pearl bracelet by Dessy.
- Your invitations should echo your theme. Maybe give a hint of what's to come by using tropical colours? I am loving these bright wedding invitation cards ...