I keep a strong eye out for wedding trends and one that's going to be big is the color lavender.
Lavender looks set to take over from millennial pink in 2018 and beyond. Why this shade?
- It's a soft pastel that also has depth
- It's also a flavor - think lavender flavored macarons, cakes, desserts ...you can even get lavender flavored teas
- It's a fragrance
- It's a flower (almost a herb actually) that looks wonderful interspersed into wedding bouquets (and smells romantic too).
- It's such a versatile shade - you can use it as a base color and then introduce deeper mauves, purples and lilacs as visual focal points (see the paper lanterns in the image above).
- Lavender is very romantic ... without being sickly sweet
- It's a classic
- Decorate your wedding with lavender wreaths and pots of lavender and let the scent waft through to give your venue a soft, summer fragrance
- You can use lavender to create an essential oil which can be used for massage to soothe headaches and promote sleep and relaxation. Maybe an idea for a wedding favor?
When it comes to looking out for lavender bridesmaid dresses, then you'll love the choice available at Dessy (in different fabrics from lace to a filmy chiffon). The shade you probably want to opt for is 'Passion' although you could mix it up with the 'Lavender Garden' print dresses.
Here's a selection to get you thinking - sleeveless, sleeved, flowergirl or a grown-up number for a teen bridesmaid.
From left to right: After Six Bridesmaid Style 6777 in Passion and Lavender Garden
Main image credits clockwise from top left: Boho Weddings, Premiere Party Rents, Pinterest, Flowergirl dress by Dessy, Clipzine, Junior bridesmaid dress by Dessy, Rosalind Miller Cakes, Floral bridesmaid dress by Dessy.