Wedding trends are something that we here at Dessy keep a key eye on and one that looks as though it's going to be big in 2018 and 2019 is a white wedding with black accents.
It's a stylish way of adding a classic individuality to your big day.
How to get white with black accents right
- Think about how you're going to dress your bridesmaids. You can go for separates - a white top with a slinky black metallic skirt. Or classic stripes. Or a white bridesmaid dress with a black belt or shoulder detail
- Opt for classic wedding invitations. White card with black calligraphy. What could be easier?
- On your tables, go for white chairs with black cushions. Or if you're having a DIY wedding, you could have a black table runner with white flower arrangements
- White anenomes are the perfect flower for this wedding theme. Why? Because they naturally come with black centers. Easy!
- Tie a white wedding bouquet with a striped black ribbon
- Use black charger plates underneath white plates on your table settings
- Metallic accents - like silver or gold - also go well with this wedding theme
- Don't forget your wedding tables. A white wedding cake will never go out of style - but have it decorated with a black or black and white striped ribbon. Have a cascade of black flowers falling down the tiers. On the table itself, make a nod to the metallic trend going on and get your caterer to cover it with a black sequinned tablecloth.
Add a bit of glamor. Sequins and metallics are having a real moment right now and this dress by Dessy on the left hits all the right notes. From left: After Six Bridesmaids Style 6784, Studio Design Collection 4512 Full Length Halter Top Bridesmaid Dress
Main image credits clockwise from top left: Rachelle's Beautiful Bespoke CakesRachelle's Beautiful Bespoke Cakes, Dessy Alfred Sung Style D707P, Rachelle's Beautiful Bespoke Cakes, Wedding Chicks, Pinterest, Wedding Chicks, Pinterest.