The James Bond look is certainly iconic. From his classic DB5 Aston Martin to today's digital gadgets. Who's been your favorite Bond? Sean Connery, Pierce Brosnan , Daniel Craig? Or one of the others?
It's also a glamorous look that lends itself to a wedding reception theme.
If you're looking to theme your wedding, then James Bond style has a lot to offer
You could offer a roulette table at your wedding reception for your guests to toy with. As for music - well there are some classic soundtracks to the James Bond films.
Having a destination wedding, then James Bond style is easy - just watch some of the classic Bond movies like Doctor No that were filmed in tropical paradises. (You don't have to arrive for your wedding in a bikini, rising out of the sea, like Bond girls Halle Berry and Ursula Andress though!) You also don't have to have sharks swimming in a pool!
Above from Dessy: Style 3016 in Platinum, Mystic Blue Lapel Suit, Style 6784 in Stardust.
The men could dress in tuxedos - you can rent or buy tuxedos here at Dessy. Or, the bridegroom and his groomsmen could dress in classic, lightweight summer suits from Dessy.
As for women, think high octane glamour. Spaghetti strap dresses, one shouldered dresses, sequins, updos - this is not a time to dress down. Settle down with a DVD box set of Bond movies and enjoy planning ...
Ideas for a James Bond theme wedding
- Arrive in a classic Aston Martin DB5
- Spaghetti strap dresses for your bridesmaids or one shouldered dresses
- Or short sassy cocktail style dresses
- Have guest entertainment with blackjack and roulette tables
- Martini cocktails of course - shaken, not stirred
- Make the dress code tuxedos and glamor
- Plenty of James Bond theme music
- Call your wedding tables after James Bond Movies: Skyfall, Spectre, Goldfinger, Dr No, Diamonds are Forever, The Spy who Loved Me ...
- You could have gold and diamonds as a parallel theme - maybe an idea for your wedding tables and invitations?
- On the walls of your reception have clips from the Bond movies playing on a big screen
- Maybe hire James Bond lookalikes to mingle with the guests as they arrive?
It's a lot of fun this theme and one that your guests will instantly recognise!