The James Bond look is certainly iconic. From his classic DB5 Aston Martin to today's digital gadgets. Who's been your favorite Bond? Sean Connery, Pierce Brosnan , Daniel Craig? Or one of the others?
It's also a glamorous look that lends itself to a wedding reception theme.
If you're looking to theme your wedding, then James Bond style has a lot to offer
You could offer a roulette table at your wedding reception for your guests to toy with. As for music - well there are some classic soundtracks to the James Bond films.
Having a destination wedding, then James Bond style is easy - just watch some of the classic Bond movies like Doctor No that were filmed in tropical paradises. (You don't have to arrive for your wedding in a bikini, rising out of the sea, like Bond girls Halle Berry and Ursula Andress though!) You also don't have to have sharks swimming in a pool!
As for women, think high octane glamour. Spaghetti strap dresses, one shouldered dresses, sequins, updos - this is not a time to dress down. Settle down with a DVD box set of Bond movies and enjoy planning ...
Ideas for a James Bond theme wedding
- Arrive in a classic Aston Martin DB5
- Spaghetti strap dresses for your bridesmaids or one shouldered dresses
- Or short sassy cocktail style dresses
- Have guest entertainment with blackjack and roulette tables
- Martini cocktails of course - shaken, not stirred
- Make the dress code tuxedos and glamor
- Plenty of James Bond theme music
- Call your wedding tables after James Bond Movies: Skyfall, Spectre, Goldfinger, Dr No, Diamonds are Forever, The Spy who Loved Me ...
- You could have gold and diamonds as a parallel theme - maybe an idea for your wedding tables and invitations?
- On the walls of your reception have clips from the Bond movies playing on a big screen
- Maybe hire James Bond lookalikes to mingle with the guests as they arrive?
It's a lot of fun this theme and one that your guests will instantly recognise!