Citrus. The very word makes you taste a zest and a zing. Gives you energy and vitality.
Layer a delicious mix of oranges, yellows and greens and you can create a visual palette that's refreshing and uplifting.
Just think about Amal Clooney at Harry and Meghan's wedding - she absolutely nailed a bright yellow dress and hat and looked fantastic. (And she had the perfect arm candy too).
How to do a citrus wedding theme
- Use lemons, limes, oranges and grapefruits for fun yet inexpensive displays. Makes a change from florals (although you can mix them both up)
- Order whole trays of your chosen fruits from your grocer - and ask for the leaves too
- Fill trugs and vases with piles of perfect, waxy fruits
- Wear a citrus fragrance (we love Jo Malone's grapefruit collection)
- Put your bridesmaids in citrussy colors - which could be brights or muted pastels
- Mix block colors with lemon, green and tangerine florals
- Serve a citrus-based cocktail to guests on arrival
- In winter, choose heavier fabrics in citrus colours and in summer opt for lighter chiffons
- Think about citrus envelopes for your wedding invitations - use paler colors if that works best for you
- Wear pale orange, green or lemon shoes with your gown
- Have your florist put in small fruits (like kumquats) into your wedding bouquet
- Have citrus flavors blended into your wedding cake